Friday, October 2, 2009

one of those days

So Friday play day was today and it was pretty rough. Only two kids showed up and that's pretty disappointing from the usual 10 or 12 we usually have. It's just one of those days where I feel ineffective and I ask myself "what am I even doing?". I feel pretty bummed out. I kind of feel like ever since play time was handed over to me for the time being I killed it. The family that made up about 6 of our usual group has moved away. I felt pretty close to this family and I'm so upset that they left. I pray though that the situation is good and not bad. Plus, one little girl there, who is usually super happy, was very grumpy and inconsolable. I just feel pretty useless and to top it all off I took a test in one of my classes and didn't do so well. Just. Useless. I just wish my best friend Sarah were here so I could hear her say "NOOOO. You're not useless. I love you and God is using you!!" and hug me. I really miss her, especially on days like this.

On the bright side a little boy named Davon opened up a lot today. He usually has a confused look on his face and doesn't say but two words. Today a random puppy came and he wanted to play with it. He and Daniel played the entire time and he was talking (albeit with incomprehensible words) the whole time.

I know Jesus still works, even when I don't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment