Monday, October 5, 2009

At This Particular Moment in Time...

What a wonderful weekend. John and I went and watched Zombieland and Whip It, made chocolate chip cookies with our friend Griffin and (the best part) went and heard Donald Miller speak. It was amazing. I love Donald Miller and I have since my sophomore of junior year of high school. He's influenced the way I think, live my life, and live my faith. A few of my friends and I have been talking about Portland, Oregon lately. Me, John, Ben and my engaged friends Daniel and Leah. Donald Miller lives in Portland and that's what really inspired me (and my brother and John) to want to go. Ben went and worked a camp this past summer near Portland and he fell in love with it.
It's strange. I've never been to Portland and I don't think I would have given it a thought if not for Donald Miller. I see pictures and read things about it and I know that's where I want to be. I've prayed a lot about it and I can't see myself being anywhere else. I knew I'd never want to stay in Oklahoma and I wasn't ever interested in living in the Texas panhandle. Especially now, I'm ready for something new. My heart longs for this place that I've never even seen with my own eyes. I know that God could change my heart in seconds...but I'm really thinking that Portland is where I need to be.
The weather today is cloudy, misty and chilly. I love cardigan weather and I really love fall, cloudy weather. That's what Portland is like a lot of the time. I wouldn't mind that at all...and I wouldn't mind to live somewhere that is green year round. I feel my heart being drawn to Portland and I'm not really sure why but all I know is it's what it longs for.
I honestly think about Portland everyday and the day I move there can't come fast enough. It's terrifying and exciting. Exciting for obvious reasons I think; it's an artistic city, history, 20 something driven etc... But it's scary because it's so far from "home" and my family and I think that'd be pretty rough. I know this is all pretty far off in the future (kind of) but I really feel like that is where I want to be for awhile.
Plus Daniel got his book signed by Don and told Don he and a few friends were thinking about moving to Portland. Donald said to get a hold of him when we did. All the more reason to go.

2 comments: