Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Break

So my best friend Sarah Disch asked me to write a new blog because it's been about two weeks since the last one. It's kind of comforting knowing that SOMEONE reads this silly little blog.

Not too much has gone on these past two weeks. Wednesday was the beginning of Fall Break. Everyone went to Vern's house in Kansas City except John and I. First we weren't invited (lame), then we were, then John had to work so he couldn't go. I felt bad leaving him here by himself to just work and have no one to hang out with, so I stayed too. Even if I hadn't stayed here with him I don't think I would have gone to Kansas City. I really miss home. I'm glad that I stayed and I've had fun but I really miss my house, and my mom and Bobby and my dog. I cried some on Thursday because I missed everything so much. It's weird, this is the longest I've gone without going home. Luckily my mom is coming to visit in two weeks so I think that will be refreshing to have her here. But this break has been fun. John and I rented a million movies from Family Video to watch. We watched some Wednesday and Thursday night and on Friday we went to the city and had delicious pizza from Hideaway. Hideaway is this pizza place that has tons of great, different pizzas. Some have alfredo sauce, pesto, oil and barbecue and tons of different toppings. YUM. Then we went to the Warren, this vintage inspired theater, and watched Where The Wild Things Are. It was just as wonderful as I was hoping it would be. It was my favorite book when I was a kid, and the theme is even the best place is not as good as home. It was so wonderful. Tonight John and I are cooking dinner and watching more movies. I think it will be fun. The break hasn't been super exciting, but it's been fun. It would've been nice to get away for a few days, but that's okay. At least I got some quality time with the boy.

I want to mention this (even though it's irrelevant) but I've been eating healthy (lots of tasty salads), not drinking carbonated drinks, drinking lots of water and going to yoga regularly. And in the past few weeks I've lost five pounds. I know that's lame to mention but I'm really proud of myself. I'm hoping to loose maybe 6 more..but we'll see. I feel great though.

Anyways, that's what's happening in my life right now. (and P.S I love you and miss you Sarah)

No comments:

Post a Comment