Saturday, February 14, 2009

and my mind wanders...

The weather outside is much colder than before. 25 degrees colder in fact. What a jump. Wouldn't have thought that the weather would be so iffy in winter. I don't know why I started a new blog really. It just sort of happened. I like change, even if it's just in the form of an online journal. I guess subconsciously I've been craving some change today. I cut my hair today. Just the bangs. I rather like my long hair but it being on length was driving me nuts. So I cut it. It's a little choppy but I'll say it's edgy. I'm poor. I can't afford a good hair cut. None of it really bothers me. I'm tired. I shouldn't be considering I got nine and a half hours of rest and have done nothing but chill in my room pretty much. Today is Valentine's Day. I know what EVERYONE says. "Valentine's day is over rated. It's so commercial" blah blah blah. Like they're being original or something. Sometimes I feel like enjoying the day is more original than hating it. That's just me. I've never had a real Valentine's date before. This is new. I don't mind the day. I guess because no one I know really buys into the cliche Valentines day. I got lillies from John...not roses. We'll see what the rest is. It can be special and romantic if you make it. Plus it's an excuse to spend a day to love on the people important in your life. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's all how you look at it I guess. Lately I've had the urge to be crafty. I want to learn to sew cute little things. I want to paint something cute for my room. I want to scrap book. I want to take pictures. I want to make a totally unique and massive doodle. It would be fun. My room mate is doing home work. She makes me feel unproductive. Although, she has four tests next week...and missed four days of classes. I guess she has an excuse to be more productive than me right now. I love her. Mexico is 28 days away. I'm so excited. I can't believe it's less than a month away. It is my favorite part of the year and I hope God does great things and blows my already high expectations out of the water. I love Mexico and the people there. They capture my heart. I'm excited to use my level 4 Spanish there. I hope I can do well in conversing. I'd like to go as a translator next year. Maybe that's just me hoping.

3 comments:

  1. You started a new blog?! Ok, I'll go with it!
    And just for the record...I don't think V-day is over-rated because I hate it...I think it's over-rated that we need a holiday to love and to feel pressure to spend ridiculous amounts of money on flowers, cards, chocolates and stuffed annimals...that was a run-on :P I want to love and be loved to the max EVERYDAY, not just once a year. Derek and I decided we would make our "Valentine's day" whenever we wanted. It will be spontaneous...I can't wait!
    Love and miss ya! ;)
    es

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i understand that. haha. makes sense. and i miss you too!

    ReplyDelete